Stroke

Grandma Babbitt had a stroke 6 days ago. Man this was a LONG week. Oddly enough there was enough humor in her behavior after the stroke that it wasn't all bad. She has lost her memory for awhile, she doesn't know her words, and I can point to the TV and she will tell me it is a cracker. Besides that she was laughing most of the time and trying super hard to figure our "her words". She told me everyday that she lost them and she will have them back tomorrow.

Honestly, the best part about this whole experience was the fact that she was so positive. I don't know if the stroke has erased some of the negative thoughts from her past, but she is super determined to kick the strokes' butt.

Here are a few of the funny times this week:

1. I waited at the hospital for her ambulance to arrive. When the paramedics came in they asked her who I was and she told them I was her doctor. ( I can't tell you how much I love this one.)
2. When they asked her how tall she is she said "800"
3. She kept refering to the Captain as my son. (As in I birthed my husband. For some reason thinking about giving birth to Nathan made me giggle)
4. She went off on how she thinks Rachel Ray is getting fat. (Rachel Ray is not getting fat) This conversation coming from a woman who weighs over 350 pounds is..............hilarious
5. She would pick a word every hour and use it in every sentence. For example:
bus - she told us that "I got lost in my bus. I didn't feel good so and trouble with my words so I fell asleep on the bus for awhile."
Nate told her to just put "Bob" in when she doesn't know a word; because honestly when is Bob not funny?

Comments

Popular Posts