Paige



I've had to work quite a bit this summer.  (all day every day) Paige, you and Ellie, have been earning money to go on a trip.  When I called home the other day to ask to unload the dishwasher it was a whine fest of epic proportions:

Mom, "Hey Paypay can you please unload the dishwasher and vacuum?  You will earn $3.00 toward your trip."

Paige, "Whaaaat?  blahblah whine whine......Not only can I NOT do it, but I don't want to.  Summers are meant for sleeping in, not doing anything, shopping, watching movies, and not having their mom work.  Not only that but I want to go to California."

I did hear the I don't want to part.  I found it most interesting.

Then last night you were beside yourself that Miss. America or Miss.  Universe or some other demeaning woman's body festival was on.  I tried to lightly point out that it isn't really a "contest" when we don't get to pick our DNA.  I tried to slightly suggest that it may be kind of dumb to have competition for pretty people who have no control over how tall they are or what their faces look like.  You did try to emphasize the scholarships for college that are won during the pretty competition.  

I have come to the conclusion that you are messing with my mind.

Comments

Popular Posts