Tomorrow is your birthday. You will be 10. We opened presents up tonight (Your Dad doesn't get the whole "wear your new clothes to school importance" no worries, I totally get it.) you received a new outfit from Kimmy and some uber cute jeans from dad and I. The big gift was a new nano.
Reference: when you are 30 and reading this amazing journey of your childhood please note that a nano is/was an ipod put out by apple. It is a small device that holds music, pictures, video, etc..
We had a lovely dinner. Uncle Danny made a couple of jokes, #4 refused to put clothes on, and #3 and #1 were just as excited as you were for the presents.
This is the super cute sweater that Kimmy gave to you. I bought "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" last month and we have experiencing the baracleness of it all ever since. May I say here and now, that it may just be the BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME. I can say I LOVE the following:
1. Helen Hunts' outfits - in particular the hat with a LARGE cricket. Also her Catholic school girl outfit that can switch into a pleather / plaid vision of loveliness.
2. Sarah Jessica Parkers leotards. I don't think the sports bra had been invented as of yet, but everything else is uptown.
3. The music. I jump and dance around the house the entire time. DANCE TV!
4. The dance moves are, how do I say this? They rock. Not a little. A Lot!
5. Shannon Dorety (can't spell her name - too lazy to check) as the little sister who ........just wants to be understood.
6. The snotty rich girl, Natalie, had a closet way beyond 1983. It was so visionary.
7. The final scenes. Sarah Jess wins the contest and HelHunt gets to be the "new" Ricki.
(Honestly, #1 you are so cute. The winking, the glasses, the whole getup you make me laugh.) #2 you were trying out the new video option with your ipod.
The whole outfit from Kimmy.