Paige's First High School English Paper

So the assignment was for you to "introduce" yourself  to your teacher.  You were one of the only students who received an A on the paper.

Dear Mrs. Jones,

                My name is Paige Babbitt and at this moment in time I don't know who I am, but I do know a thing or two.  To begin, I have lots of talents.  Some of my talents are a little on the strange side.  So, a few of my talents are partying, hula hooping, thinking, and cooking/baking.  (btw the teacher wrote above partying "how is this a talent - explain") Next, I'm very interested in being known across the world, and not for superficial things like beauty.  What I do want to be famous for are good deeds like changing people's lives, helping others, and possibly saving lives.  I do know that I want to inspire others to do good as well.  My interests consist of anything there is to know about life on earth.  You see, the more I know the better I feel.  To conclude, I don't know who I am completely, but I do know that I live to learn and care for others. 

                Academically I've always learned different than others.  I usually do very well in school especially math and science.  Though, I'm not so great at writing or social studies.  I think there's too many rules to writing and whenever I do write I feel constricted.  The only times I don't feel constricted is when I write freely and disregard most rules.  Now the way I learn best is through being shown what to do. I'm not good at following written directions.  In addition, although I know homework is necessary sometimes I don't think it's needed daily.  In fact I believe school time is the time to work and that being home is the time to relax.  Obviously, I think there's many great things about school, but there's some things I do disagree with.

                    To start, I'm obsessed with reading.  Almost all that I do is read.  Over the summer I read over 50 books.  I tend to read several books at a time.  To be honest, I could never choose a favorite book.  I have to idea what the last book I read was.  Next, I can't choose a favorite genre either.  I like any and all genres.  I'll even read the most boring book ever and like it.  Basically I love to read 24/7.  Actually there's no words to describe how much I love reading.
                  Starting off I'd have to say I have more than enough ambitions for my future.  Lots of people think I can't accomplish them.  If there's one thing you should know about me it's that I'm determined.  I will definetly complete all my sensible (emphasis on sensible) ambitions.  So first, I want to graduate high school with a 4.2 gpa or higher.  In addition, I would've liked to have done some charity work along the way.  I'm going to need to have done both of those to get into Stanford University, my dream University.  After that I want to graduate with a Masters in whatever I choose.  Then I want to work in that job til I've saved a substantial amount of money.  With that money I'd like to open my own restaurant.  I'd also like to gradually open more restaurants.  Then, I want to travel the world.  During this plan I'd like to get married and have kids.  If I try hard enough I know I can accomplish my goals.







Comments

Popular Posts