Down and Derby

It was Derby Day.  Number 1 you were very relaxed.  The boys were lined up in the hall, I blasted "Eye of the Tiger", you ran separately into the room, and you and your car were announced.  (One of your cub mates advised me that this was for fun and not about winning.  Whatever.  
Little A showed up for an amazing time.  I believe he enjoyed himself.  He didn't actually talk to me, but I sensed that he was having fun with the ladies. ("the ladies" are his cousins -  he is 3 afterall)



Once the cars finished the track you had to run it back up to the top.  There were like 50 million heats or something like that.  Let's just say it was a lot o racin.   What humors me about this picture is that:
1.  It looks like you are Maverick and Goose and Iceman are strutting behind you on the tarmac 
2.  Your scarf looks like a cape
3.  You took time to stop and pose - Thanks!!!


In the end you did not win this year.  It was just not meant to be.  No worries there are no more Derby races for you.  EVER.    Oh, was that not really peppy.  Sorry.  Maybe it is that I am happy that there are no more Derby races - -- EVER.  You are fine young cub.  It is thy father.  He gets ................a wee bit obsessive about the car.    


Comments

Popular Posts