You make me laugh #3

Little 3.  Yesterday we had a date together.   You requested that we go the The Bass Pro Shop.  You LOVED it.  Then we went to Rubios, got some gelato, and to Old Navy.  On the way home you asked me how babies are made.  I said,


"a mommy and a daddy lay down together and kiss. You need to be married to make a baby."

Miss. 3 I can use my keen parenting skills to acquire the knowledge that this is all you were ready for.   I knew that if I went into IVF your brain would go to places that you are not quite ready to explore.  I could just visualize you creating things in a wee dish.  Combining hair and pee to try to create a fingernail.  I get you little one.  I get that you hear only part of what I am saying and then you interpret the rest into your sci-fi brain.  I wish I could have recorded our conversation.  The tone in your voice was soooooo pissed off.  You will be having none of the boy / husband talk.

You said, " IS THAT THE ONLY WAY IT HAPPENS?"

I said, " yes"

You said, " geesh well what about adoption.  I am never going to get married."

I said, "yes, you can adopt."

You said, "I kissed Mallory B like 5 times.  We played house in the treehouse and I was the dad.  We danced and kissed and we pretended we were sleeping and kissed."

I said, " cool,  sounds like fun.  Maybe should wait to kiss anyone until you are older.  It is up to you who you kiss, but you really should wait a bit."

You said, " I LOVED kissing Mallory and I am NEVER going to get married."

I said,  "that's fine I am just requesting a lot of grandbabies."

You said, " Fine......... I will give you those babies. "

On a depressing note #2 you asked me what rape was yesterday.  You sat and cried for 45 minutes.  THIS WAS ALL IN ONE DAY.  

Comments

Alpha Monkey said…
We described it in terms of puzzle pieces that fit together both physically and at the egg/sperm level. Mine were way more into the microscopic end of it all so I got to dodge that bullet at first.

Also, tell number 3 that when she grows up she gets to pick who she loves the best. As long as they are both good to each other and honest and kind and generous that is all that matters.

Popular Posts