The Hills are Alive with Pirates

So many of you have inquired about why the Captain is "The Captain".  Obviously, it is because he used to be a pirate.  I don't understand why many of you are so conveniently forgetting that era of his life.  Pirates are people too.  

The other less obvious reason is - - - I LOVE the Sound of Music.  Gayoug - oh Gayoug.   No, the Captain does not wear Austrian, peterpan collared suits - nor does he burst out into song at random.  Yet he does not balk when I make the kids duds out of the curtains, and he makes me want to run away from time to time.

So - those of you (Nate's friends and my sister) that don't understand the name, I suggest you go and have your spouse name you.  He are some options:

-Tony - I just love the thought of using an Italian accent - yelling through the house "Tony - get your butt in here - dinnar is ready"
-Michael Knight - I don't know about you, but he was and IS always gonna be hot.  If you go with this option I'm thinken you may need to name your mode of transportation.
-Rev (insert name) - maybe for the inner rapper? Rev Bob (Bob is always a cool name)
-Jade - Okay - one of The Captains mission comps named him Jade.  I think you may have to have a very confident personality to carry this one off.
-Maverick - This is for the guy who Really wants to wear the pants in the family, but it's never gonna happen.  This name may just give him hope - hope is always good.

And now to my sista
B. Reeder  ---This name is sooooo P Diddy/Puffy/Puff/ Diddy/Daddy.  Think about it - Close to the time of having the liter it is perfect.  A couple of years later drop the B.  or Breed/Reed/Bre/der.  How cool is this name!!!!

(I would like to thank #3 for the picture contribution.  Her little dig camera from Santa adds cool features like the above)

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's funny...I always thought it was a "Muskrat Love" reference. Come on, admit you all "rock" out to 70's roller-disco-ballads on Rock Band! The Cap sings "Shop Around" with a heavy note of sarcasm when he gets the credit card bill. Mama Tennille busts out with "Do That To Me One More Time" when...well you can guess when. They do have numbers one through four! And when Tennille asked me who I thought would be the first to post a comment I shouted, "I Will! I Will! I Will!" Let's go people. "Love Will Keep Us Together"--share the love!

Popular Posts