Poor Baby Babbitt

So, I was teaching cubscouts today.  We were all gathered around the table talking about civic duty.  Each boy went around the table and said who they wanted for President in the upcoming election.  One boy let us know that Obama was dumb.  I asked him why and he said because I like McCain.  We discussed how we can disagree with someones policy making, but can still like them.  Another boy said, "my dad is glad that woman isn't going to win because she was against guns."

Okay, so at this point I'm thinking (I am soooo glad that I have the opportunity to enlighten these young minds!)

But just as this thought was going through my large brain - Baby Babbitt up and falls off her chair.  She did a belly flop straight onto the floor and landed on her baby brain.  

I pick her up

her eyes roll to the back of her head and she goes limp

I run with her - grabbing my keys / shoes / purse

While running yelling - Carter get in the car - boys call your moms and tell them to come and get you.

(Mind you I completely forgot about Number 2 and 3 - Seriously, I left them at home)

Got into the car.  Put Baby in Carter's arms in the backseat - and drove like.. like.... i never drive fast - so this was new for me.  I don't even know how I was able to drive and keep looking in the backseat

At one point I look in the backseat and baby is staring at me glassy eyed and wasn't moving her eyes.  I was so scared.  

I kept asking Carter to talk to her and keep her awake.  He was really amazing.  

The most amazing part.  Half way to the hospital she came out of it and was jumping around the car and laughing.  

The Captain met us in a parking lot and said he thought we should go home and watch her.  I agreed.  We called doctor friends and received some more advice.  We are so happy baby Babbitt is okay.  It has now been three hours and so far so good!!

Comments

Popular Posts