You have got to be Kidding me....Buffalo???

What the Freak?  Buffalo




Oh, we also ran into some pigs.   Because you know we tend to run into pigs here on a regular basis.  Number 4 is a little fascinated with animals  - she doesn't discriminate - any animal will do.  She calls them her buddies.  This was cute until the ...........BUFFALO tried to charge her.  She didn't understand boundaries and all.
Then we took a little stroll through the back orchard.  Turns out the weeds are a bit prickly currently and our kids are wimps.   Since NO ONE ever takes pictures of me I decided to do something about it.  Yo - here it is - Catch a glimpse of the Captain behind me (check out those pearly whites  - yum yum)  
Okay I just posted this and had to go back in and say "HOLY CRAP those glasses look gigantic on my little ol' face)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Up here, in what used to be prairie and oak savannah (THE most endangered natural habitat by the way) we call them critters Bison. Oh...and that one in the pic must be young. Tiny, even. An adult male can look up to three times that size when they are in full coat. Imagine driving through the middle of present day Minnesota and seeing farm herds of 2-300 of these. Then picture herds of 10,000's with NO fences. Awe-inspiring. It makes me certain I would have definitely been more of a gatherer than a hunter. Hope my 3lil'punkins could have survived on acorns. It is humbling.

Popular Posts