Oh, Number 2

Hello there Miss.  You and I had a date the other day.   We went shopping and you experienced your first pedicure.  You picked gold polish and the lady helping you put a red heart on the big toe.  Due to a language barrier you kept giving me strange looks throughout your pedicure.  I know you thought she might be swearing at you, but she wasn't;  she was saying Hannah Montana.  

 Today was the first time you went to the mall with one of your friends (Tatum).  You two decided to purchase matching dresses at "The Childrens Place".   During dinner the phone rang and it was Tatum.  When you got off the phone I said
" I thought you had your outfits all picked out to match tomorrow?"
 You replied,
" Momm, there are so many accessories that we have to make decisions on. ( This was done in a tone that was like "duh")





Comments

Alpha Monkey said…
You are SO in for it!!! I don't remember the dressing alike thing until 6th grade.

How will we be handling MIddle School children next year? Until the meeting at the Jr. High to learn about the Honors Curriculum, I still thought of myself as a young mommy. The kind with a stroller in the back of her car still. It would seem that I am suddenly the category of mom that young moms look at like I have my shit together because my kids don't scream at the store anymore and actually stay in their chairs at restaurants. I don't even have crayons in my pockets!!! You were smart to have number 4.

Now I am having conversations about what I want to do for my 40th in 4 years. (Moose corrected me and said it really was 3.25 years. I told him that he was no longer invited to my party.)

Popular Posts