Lucky Duck


The random picture tots is to remind you of the days when Number 4 couldn't pronounce duck. She ran around saying a rather naughty word instead of duck. You combine this with the b word she called me when trying to say chips and you have got you self a pot of dirty looks the mama received today.
The best was the dirty looks Auntie Kim and I received yesterday when we ventured into Last Chance. Why we decided to go with 4 children (the twins are now 5 months - Nbr 4 is 2yrs old and Little man is 3). Back to the story - we are moving the gang up and down the shoe aisles when a woman gets in Auntie's face with a sour look. It was like she ate a big piece of dog poo and wasn't caring for the after taste. You know what Kim does?
She said, "what, just because I have children doesn't mean I don't need shoes."
Now generally as a rule of thumb I would go with no confrontation with strangers who could be packing heat. But Last Chance tends to bring out the tiger in the mamas. I must say it was lovely to hear her stand up for herself that way. It would have been a bit sweeter if she had one of the babies hanging off her nursing at the time; but I will take what I can get. (Kim I know you are not nursing - all I'm saying is that it would have been trashy cool)

Comments

Popular Posts