Dear Little Woman

Dear Little Woman P.







Comments

Anonymous said…
Miss M read it for a book report once. It is a stunning 1946 edition--covered in cloth with little blue flowers and a cameo photo of the sisters on the front. Moose's Auntie N got it at Orchard House in Concord where Alcott lived. She both wrote there and used it as the setting for the story. Holding the book feels magical!

There is such intense emotion in great literature that Miss M is now hesitant to read my highly recommended Jane Eyre. She is questioning my taste in books..why would she want to read something that makes her mother cry? Tragedy is good for the soul, no? But she is a sensitive, old soul. It is tough, even when the tragedy ends well!

Number 2 might like An Episode of Sparrows by Rumer Godden. Miss M loved it.

Rent the Winona Ryder and Kirsten Dunst version of the Little Women movie for Number 2 now that she has read it. I'm thinking girls night...maybe Miss M and I will join you. We could all watch it at the same time and make the same snacks. It would almost be like being together. We miss you!
Allison LeBaron said…
The Winona Ryder/Kirsten Dunst version is my favorite. I watch it every year at least once. Good call Auntie G.

That book, Jo's Boys, The BFG, The Giver, and the Anne of Green Gables series were/are my favorites from childhood.

Popular Posts