Dear #1;

This morning you were explaning to me the differences between your old elementary school and your new one. (remember when you tried to talk us out of moving schools based on leaving a larger carbon footprint -you are 10 - I like your thinking ) Anyway, you advised me the following,

"Mom, Lehi had better soccer balls, footballs, and better lunches. Ishikawa seems like it has better educated people. So I guess it is okay for them to not have the other stuff."

Then tonight we took your friend home and all of you were in the car with me and started asking what all the religions of the world were. I explained that they are too many to name. I started throwing some out for you:

Mormon
Catholic
Lutheran
Methodist
Wican
Hindu
Buddist
Jehovah Witness
Jewish

I was stopped at this point and asked.

"which one is the worst?"

I said they all believe different
things.

"Mom what don't you like about them?"

I said, "I don't care for churches that have racism or hate toward
homosexuals."

"Mom, what do Jehovah witnesses
believe?"

"Well, I can't remember exactly, but something
about only a small
amount of people get into heaven."

Carter says, "Well if that is the case I hope I am in that number."

Comments

Alpha Monkey said…
This is the same boy who was preaching in diapers. Remember that? Tell him I think he is in...by virtue of being a loving and kind person. Aren't 5th graders the best? They do a lot of thinking outside of themselves but then bring all back home again. Kiss his short hair for me and remind him I was the first person in the world to see the top of his head. That ought to solidly embarrass him enough to last the weekend.

Love you all!

Popular Posts