Name Change

Diamond Luxury an independent BMW dealer that we have worked with for 7 years. About 3 years ago this kid (maybe 25) came to work for them. I don't know his full name, but I know it was Russian and it was a VERY long name. The owner of the dealer looked at him and said, "Your name is now Jean Paul". Guess what he said................................"Ok!" He has been Jean Paul ever since. This name is not just for customers, but his family and friends also took on the name change and call him Jean Paul.

I relate this to you, my dears, because you also like to rename people. Remember when you, #3, came home from preschool and couldn't stop talking about Max. Finally I asked your teacher to point Max out to me so that I could invite him over to play. Guess what? NO MAX. HIS NAME IS HARRISON. Really, it is not like they even have similar number of syllables.

On to you #4. When we went on a trip with the Pearces you called their son Landon by the name Amber. This went on for 3 days. For the months following the trip you would ask about Amber. It was sweet and really quite cute. Today I told you that Landon was coming over.

You said, "Who?"

I said, "You know the one you call Amber."

You said, "Oh, I wouldn't call him that. That is not his name. His name is Lan Dick Um"

Comments

Popular Posts