How do I parent when are too cute

So, I spent the day at cubscout day camp.  Quite a bit was outside.  I am tired.  I am in bed and typing a wee bit.  I turn to the Captain and say (oh, so sweetly) " Can you please read her a story?" He read a long story.  I hear him walking back to the room and I hear a whispered warning that someone is following him.

#4, (in her high fairy voice)" Mom - your turn."

Me,"what"    (I was like, does she even know what your turn means?)

#4" Mom, your turn to read me story."

How the crap can I parent you #4?  You make me want to squeeze your cheeks and tuck you in with me.  ( I know that this is not an option.  I learned this lesson the hard way.  Number 2, we kind of let you get away with sleeping in our room when you were her age.  It took mommy 2 YEARS to ween you back to your bed.  -----Does anyone realize how long 2YEARS is for weening.  Let's just say that it is ---to be literal---730 days.  )

Comments

Popular Posts