Puppies

Last night I walked in the house at 6:00pm. Dad came in a minute later and as we were discussing the day we heard Chica screaming. I ran through the house thinking she was stuck somewhere (as a result of being so fat). No, she was actually outside the office door. She was screaming so loud that it sounded as if she were in the house.

The Captain freaks, "I can't be a part of this"

I coaxed her into the box in the laundry room. The screaming happened every 20 sec. This picture is during this screamfest. (you will notice my face is super concerned. Don't you love the random Christmas jingle balls in the room. AWESOME. Yes, I do have an apron on. I don't walk around without one. I tried not wearing one last week and ruined my shirt. seriously. Besides, I didn't know how messy this was going to get. I was PREPARED for the worst. To be honest, a two headed puppy might have totally taken me by surprise.)

After 5 minutes of torture she popped out puppy A. You may notice that Chica is super unhappy in this photo. She did such a great job of cleaning the wee one. It took 60 minutes before she had the next one. At this point she hopped out of the box and paced the laundry room. I shoved a blanket under just as the pup slid out. Chica licked off the bag and dragged the pup to her bed. She didn't like the box, poor thing just wanted her bed. We didn't even know she had pup C and D because she loved being on her bed and they just "arrived".
We filled socks with rice and briefly warmed them (per cousin Greta). They loved this and snuggled up to them. They are so cute.


Comments

Alpha Monkey said…
Can't wait to see you AND the pups. I am bringing an extra big carry on--just in case!
livelaughlove said…
Who knew you had mid-wifery in your repertoire of talents!

Popular Posts