Baker

Tonight I was a baker. I made three different desserts. It was for a Pre-Thanksgiving dinner for 25 young people and a few adults at the Nelsons. Glen was the super Chef.

They were:
1. Coconut cake with a dark chocolate ganache
2. Pecan-Pumpkin Layered Pies
3. Bread Pudding

Apparently the bread pudding was the big hit. Some shy young men even came up to tell me the bread pudding was "the bomb". Due to this great response I thought I should try to remember how I made it and jot it down. Here it goes......

1. I picked up 2 loaves of Rustic Italian bread at the BreadSmith (Aaaamazing)
2. cut the bread in slices and then triangles
3. Butter each piece and then sprinkle white sugar on top
4. Stick them in a couple of ziplocks
5. On the stove top combine
1 qt heavy cream
1 vanilla bean
Heat them together until it almost boils.
6 egg yolks
2 cups sugar
Put eggs and sugar in mixer. Slowly ladle the cream mixture into the eggs to temper them. Once they are combined / strain / and place over low flame to thicken.

6. Dip all bread into #5 mixture and layer in pan.
7. Top with white chocolate chips and chopped up milk chocolate
8. Top with rest of bread and top with the more chocolate
9. Make a caramel sauce
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
Heat the above ingredients until melted and take off heat.
Add a splash o vanilla
honey ( I squirted the bottle)
1 cup 1/2 and 1/2
10. Put some of the caramel sauce on top / add tin foil on top / put in oven at 375 for 40 minutes.
11. serve with some of the caramel sauce on top


Comments

Popular Posts