A Recipe I need

AFTER reviewing Jamiee Rose's blog I found this recipe that I don't want to lose.


In the good for you category today, we have my best culinary discovery this year: roasted kale chips. Yes, really, and they're so delicious that my friends are ready for me to stop prophesying about them any day now. (Except I can't: kale is one of the superfoods, and kale chips are addictive and easy and heavenly and healthy and see how annoying I am?)

Who knew? Sarah, of Sarah's Fab Day, apparently, who told me to try them, and also about a million food bloggers, already converted.

My recipe: Heat your oven to 425 degrees. If you have a convection oven, use it. Remove the stems from a half-bunch of McClendon's Tuscan kale (also called Cavolo Nero, also known as the makings of that killer kale salad at True Food Kitchen.) Regular curly kale works, too. Tear the kale into bite-size pieces. (You can also roast the kale whole and have the posh product of Bon Appetit.)

Toss the kale chips with one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and one teaspoon of sherry vinegar (optional, but who doesn't love salt and vinegar chips?). Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes. (Watch it, the edges will brown and the kale will crisp.) Remove from the oven, and spinkle with sea salt or fleur de sel.

Promise me you'll try this. I promise that even your kids will like it.

Now, something bad for you: Did you know there is butterscotch pudding at FnB in Scottsdale, a new, buzzy restaurant that I've been dying to try? Howie Seftel, our restaurant critic, tasted it at the Devoured food fest, and I'm thinking that if I eat kale chips every night for a week, I can have some, too. (Kiffie Robbins, will you join me?)

Comments

Popular Posts