Uncle Danny drank some pool acid a couple of days ago. He thought it was lemonade. Why - it was yellow. Did he just take one sip? No. He took 2 LARGE gulps.
He has now been in the hospital for 2 days and it looks like he will be there another week. They just kicked dad and I out so they could put in a central line. I remember when Auntie Kimmy had a central line. It makes me a little sick to the stomach.
It has been quite the craziness around here since the mishap. Ellie, you rode part way to the hospital with dad and Danny and said,
Ellie, "Oh Danny I am so sad for you. I love you and hope you are ok."
It was super sweet and Uncle Danny cried when you said it. I am so super grateful you were with him on that car ride!!
Today and last night you, Miss A, keep saying the following with such exasperation:
A: "WHY DID HE THINK IT WAS LEMONADE? I don't understand!!!!!!"
Mom: "He is special sweetie."
A: "He was special before when he was smart MOMMMM."
Mom: "He hurt his brain in the car accident and now his brain doesn't always work the way it needs to."
A: "I DONT GET IT!!!!! Why did a car hit him. Is he a dad?"
Mom: "No, he is not a dad. Metal hit his head in the accident and he had some bruises on his brain."
A: "Ohhhhhh mom. You just don't get it."
Needless to say it has been quite interesting explaining things to Danny and you, Miss A. I'm a little wee bit tired!